- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 65 mins
- 4 people
- June 1, 2016
Italian Seasoned Super Sub.
Seasoned and baked refrigerated bread dough is piled high with cold cuts and salad. That’s Italian!
Italian Seasoned Super Sub
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (11-oz.) can Refrigerated Crusty French Loaf
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons purchased creamy Italian salad dressing
- 2 (1-oz.) slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 (1-oz.) slices Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 lb. sliced salami
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Remove dough from can; place seam side down on cookie sheet. With sharp or serrated knife, cut 4 or 5 (1/4-inch-deep) diagonal slices on top of dough.
- In small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and oregano; mix well. Spray dough with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350°F. for 26 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 20 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Brush cut sides of bread with salad dressing. Layer bottom half with Swiss cheese, ham, bell pepper, Cheddar cheese, salami, tomato and lettuce. Cover with top half of bread. Secure sandwich with toothpicks. Cut into 4 pieces.