- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- 6 people
- May 4, 2016
Santa Fe Chicken Bread Bowls.
Bread bowls come easy with refrigerated dough. And here’s a great tasty filling!Print
Santa Fe Chicken Bread Bowls
- 2 (11-oz.) cans Refrigerated Crusty French Loaf
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (16-oz.) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (11-oz.) can Green Giant™ SteamCrisp® Super Sweet Yellow and White Corn, drained
- 1 (10-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Red Enchilada Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 (1-oz.) pkg. Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Remove dough from cans. Cut each loaf into 3 pieces; shape each into ball, placing seam at bottom so dough is smooth on top. Place dough balls, seam side down, on sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F. for 22 to 26 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- With sharp knife, cut small portion off top of each loaf. Lightly press center of bread down to form bowls. Place each bread bowl on individual serving plate. Spoon about 1 cup chicken mixture into each. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place top of each bread bowl next to filled bread bowl.