- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 65 mins
- 4 people
- May 18, 2016
Glazed Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes.
Chicken breasts halves glazed with apple jelly and baked with sweet potatoes – a warm and delicious dinner recipe!
Glazed Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (with skin)
- 3 medium dark orange sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425°F. Arrange chicken, skin side up, in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Arrange sweet potatoes and bell peppers around chicken.
- In small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients. Heat over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Brush chicken and vegetables with about 1/3 cup of the jelly mixture.
- Bake at 425°F. for 20 minutes. Stir vegetables; brush chicken and vegetables with remaining jelly mixture. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender, its juices run clear and sweet potatoes are tender.