- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 5 people
- May 25, 2016
Bake an easy skillet dinner topped with tender ® biscuits in a family-pleasing meal.Print
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant™ SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 4 oz Cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 cup)
- 1 can (7.5 oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon yellow cornmeal, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Reduce heat to medium; stir in taco seasoning mix, corn and tomato sauce. Heat until hot. Stir in cheese cubes.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Arrange quartered biscuits around outer edge of skillet. Brush biscuits with melted butter; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.