- March 23, 2016
Pork Chops with Orange Pecan Pesto.
Pan seared, bone in pork chops with an orange pecan pesto sauce. Full of flavor, easy to cook, and healthy as can be! Paleo, gluten free, low carb, dairy free and Whole30.
Pork Chops with Orange Pecan Pesto
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted pecans
- 1/2 cup tightly packed parsley (leaves and stems ok)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- zest from 1 orange
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- (2) 10-oz bone in pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Orange Pecan Pesto
- Orange Pecan Pesto
- In a food processor, combine the pecans, parsley, garlic, orange zest and salt. Pulse about 20 times until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, and pulse 5 more times until just combined. You want the pesto to be chunky. Add more olive oil if necessary. Taste for salt and add more if necessary. Scrape the pesto into a small bowl and set aside.
- Pork Chops
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees with the oven rack in the middle. Heat a cast iron skillet (or heavy bottom oven safe skillet) over medium high heat.
- Pat the pork chops dry, season with salt, pepper and paprika. Rub the seasoning into the pork to evenly distribute it.
- Add the vegetable oil to the cast iron skillet, and add the pork chops. You want to get a good crusty sear. They pork chops should sizzle as soon as you add them. Cook about 3-5 minutes on the first side. Flip when golden. Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven to finish cooking. I like my pork chops cooked medium well. Cook the pork chops until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Depending on how thick your pork chops are, they'll cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven, and transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm, topped with a generous amount of the orange pecan pesto.