- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 5 mins
- 1 people
- March 5, 2016
Raspberry jam: the secrets of cooking.
No winter is not complete without raspberry jam.
This is truly the most delicious medicine in the world!
Raspberry jam: the secrets of cooking
- 4 cups (1 liter) granulated sugar
- 4 cups (1 liter) raspberries
- Place sugar in an ovenproof shallow pan and warm in a 250°F (120°C) oven for 15 minutes. (Warm sugar dissolves better.)
- Place berries in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat, mashing berries with a potato masher as they heat. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add warm sugar, return to a boil, and boil until mixture will form a gel (see tips, below), about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into sterilized jars and process as directed for Shorter Time Processing Procedure .