- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 8 people
- February 13, 2016
Ricotta, raspberry and passionfruit curd terrine.
While this recipe makes enough for eight people, it will keep well in the freezer, although you might be tempted to have it for breakfast the following day! Begin this recipe 1 day ahead.
- 250ml sterilised jar with lid, a 8cm deep, 13cm x 20cm terrine and a food processor,
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 100ml lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 3 passionfruit, pulp removed
- 60g unsalted butter
- 400g ricotta
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 100g soft Italian nougat, chopped
- 80g store-bought meringue, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (75g) condensed milk
- 100g raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup (60ml) passionfruit curd or store-bought lemon curd, plus extra to serve
- To make Passionfruit curd: Whisk together yolks and sugar until combined, then place in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, over a very low heat until mixture is thick. Pour into a 250ml sterilised jar, seal and set aside to cool. (see Notes)
- To make the Terrine: Line a 8cm deep, 13cm x 20cm terrine with plastic wrap, leaving plenty overhanging the sides to cover surface. Place the ricotta and sugar in a food processor and whiz until combined. Using electric beaters, whisk the cream to soft peaks, then gently fold into the ricotta mixture with the nougat, meringue, condensed milk, raspberries and passionfruit curd. Pour mixture into the lined terrine, cover surface with the overhanging plastic wrap and freeze overnight or until set.
- Invert terrine onto a serving platter, gently pulling on the plastic wrap to remove terrine. Serve sliced with extra passionfruit curd and raspberries.