- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 255 mins
- 10 people
- April 30, 2016
Slow-Cooker Beer Brats.
Make your next backyard barbecue easier than ever by serving up delicious, slow-cooker bratwurst.
Slow-Cooker Beer Brats
- 10 fresh bratwurst
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 bottles (12 oz each) beer
- Sauerkraut and mustard, if desired
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bratwurst over medium-high heat, turning frequently, just until outsides are brown. Place in 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Top with onion slices, garlic, butter, salt and pepper. Pour in beer.
- Cover and cook on High heat setting 4 hours or Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve with sauerkraut and mustard.