- March 24, 2016
Tilapia With Thai Curry Recipe.
If you always thought tilapia was bland and boring “health food,” think again: when you’re not afraid to add fat and spices to your dinner, the fish can really shine. Coconut curry sauce gives every bite of this fish a bold, spicy flavor, backed by the underlying richness of coconut milk, and highlighted by the sharp crunch of the onions on top. It’s still healthy, but now it’s a health food you’ll actually want to eat.Print
Tilapia With Thai Curry Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets;
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) full-fat coconut milk;
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced;
- 2 green onions, sliced;
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves;
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce;
- 4 tablespoons Thai red, green or yellow curry paste;
- 1/2 cup of water;
- Extra-virgin olive oil;
- 8 lime wedges;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Turn the grill up to around 450 F.
- In a food processor, combine the basil leaves, curry paste and 1 can of coconut milk, and pulse until the basil is nicely chopped.
- In a saucepan over a medium heat cook the coconut curry mixture for about 3 minutes. Then add the other can of coconut milk, the water and the fish sauce.
- Stir and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Coat the fish and peppers with a little olive oil and season both with sea salt and black pepper.
- Grill the peppers, turning once, about 5 minutes total.
- Grill the fish, turning once, about 5 to 6 minutes. (Be delicate when you turn them; the fish can easily break apart.)
- Place the fish on a plate, drizzle with the curry sauce, top with the bell peppers, drizzle with a little more sauce, sprinkle with the green onions, and serve with the lime wedges.