- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 12 people
- February 6, 2016
Almond-Tres Leches Muffins.
Try the popular pastry tres leches (Spanish for “three milks”) in muffin form. Almonds give this moist morning treat sweet subtle flavor with a welcome crunch.
Almond-Tres Leches Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup (from 14-oz can) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Additional sweetened condensed milk (1/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in almond extract and eggs. With spoon, stir in flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup condensed milk, the whipping cream, milk and 1/2 cup of the almonds just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (3/4 full). Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup almonds evenly over batter in cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes. Drizzle 1 teaspoon additional sweetened condensed milk over top of each muffin. Serve warm.