Bell Pepper Pizza Bites Recipe.
Sure, you can put roasted bell peppers on a pizza. But why not make the bell peppers the bottom instead – get the edges just charred enough to give you a nice crunch and fill them up with tomato sauce and all your favorite toppings.
If you tolerate dairy well, you could just use mozzarella cheese on top of these. Otherwise, go for almond cheese, or just leave the whole cheese question to the side and make the peppers with a different selection of toppings. There’s nothing really “wrong” here; go for whatever combination you like.
- 2 green bell peppers;
- 1/2 cup homemade pizza sauce;
- Pepperoni, sliced;
- Mushrooms, sliced;
- Tomatoes, diced;
- 1/4 cup almond cheese (optional);
- Fresh parsley;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Slice each bell pepper into 4 equal slices, carefully removing the seeds.
- Top each pepper quarter with pizza sauce and your choice of toppings.
- Season the slices to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If using, sprinkle almond cheese on top of the slices.
- Place the pizza bites carefully on a baking sheet, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. If using almond cheese, stick them under the broiler and broil on high for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on top and serve.