Biscuit Tostada Grande.
Here’s one big beef and bean tostada baked on a biscuit-dough crust. Will it be Mexican at your house tonight?
Biscuit Tostada Grande
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 to 4 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Jr. Golden Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ refried beans (from 16-oz can)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- small onion, sliced or chopped
- In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, chiles and red pepper sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot and bubbly. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 12-inch pizza pan with shortening. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; place in pan. Press over bottom and up side to form crust. Spread refried beans evenly over dough. Top evenly with beef mixture.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with lettuce, tomato and onion.