Chunky Meat and Vegetable Soup Recipe.
If you’re looking for something a little bit different to do with ground beef, check this out as an interesting change from meatloaf or scrambles. It’s not quite a chili, but it’s got the same heartiness and comfort value: a rich base of tomatoes and homemade bone broth, the earthy sweetness of root vegetables, and the garlic and chili pepper perking it up with a hint of spice.
- 2-1/2 lbs. ground beef;
- 1 large onion, diced;
- 2 celery stalks, diced;
- 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes, or three large tomatoes, diced;
- 3 cups beef broth;
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and diced;
- 4 whole carrots, peeled and sliced;
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks;
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste;
- 1/2 tsp. ground oregano;
- 1 tsp. chili powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Brown the meat with the onion, garlic, and celery in a large saucepan placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan, season to taste, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.