- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 8 people
- April 24, 2016
Dynamite Taco Boats.
The addition of red pepper flakes turns this slightly sweet and tangy filling into a spicy Rhode Island Dynamite.Print
Dynamite Taco Boats
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons canned Muir Glen™ organic tomato paste
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ soft flour tortillas
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Reduce heat to medium; add bell pepper; continue to cook 3 minutes. Add brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmering; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat boats as directed on package. Spoon beef filling evenly into warmed boats. Garnish with sliced green onions.