- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 3 people
- September 8, 2016
Pea Tendril Salad with Figs and Pomegranate
We love to serve this vibrant and healthy Pea Tendril Salad with Figs and Pomegranate with a slice of crusty French Baguette to soak up all that goodness. As to the wine we choose a lovely fruity white wine with just a nice acidity like a Chardonnay. We still had a bottle of Gioia Chardonnay (see our video review) and if you are looking for this wine it is no longer in production. Another of Terry Love’s wines that would pair nicely is the Gioia Wine Biacia Bianca Santa Barbara County that is 71% Chardonnay, 14% Muscat of Alexandria, and 15% Pino Gris. This particular Chardonnay had citrus and tropical notes on the nose, light strawberry flavor, crisp and clean with warm mellowness. If you prefer a red wine then a Pinot Noir would pair nicely as well.
- 1 Shallot - thinly sliced and soaked in
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine
- 5 Tbsp Pinot Noir Balsamic Dressing
- 1 Bunch Pea Tendrils or Baby Spinach leaves
- 4 oz Goat Cheese - crumbled
- 3 Fresh Figs quartered or dried Figs soaked in wine and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Pinot Noir Balsamic Reduction
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lavender Honey
- Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Pinot Noir or other fruity red wine
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- For the Pinot Noir Balsamic Reduction: Combine the wine, balsamic vinegar, and honey in a small saucepan and stir well. Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes over medium-high heat or until it gets a syrupy consistency. You should have about ? cup. Let it cool.
- In a small glass bowl combine the thinly sliced shallot and the fruity red wine and set aside.
- Whisk the dressing together in a large salad bowl.
- Add pea tendril leaves and some of the tender curly tendrils to the bowl. Then add the shallot slices and toss well.
- Scatter the goat cheese, fig slices and a few pea tendril curls on top. Gently toss and finally decorate with pomegranate seeds.