- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 5 mins
- 4 people
- February 15, 2016
Made with fiber-rich brown rice, tons of vegetables, eggs and lean protein, these healthy fried rice recipes differ greatly from traditional greasy Chinese takeout. Besides classic Chinese fried rice, try recipes for Korean, Thai and Japanese-style fried rice, all quicker than calling your local restaurant
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small red capsicum, seeds removed, sliced
- 3 cups cooked SunRice Long Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis*, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Add cabbage, carrot and capsicum, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add soy, ketjap manis, cashews and half the spring onions, toss to combine.
- To serve, garnish with remaining onions and drizzle with extra ketjap manis.