- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 5 mins
- 4 people
- February 14, 2016
Dippy eggs with cheesy soldiers.
Start the day with a nutritious, homemade and filling breakfast – made by the kids, for the kids!
Dippy eggs with cheesy soldiers
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 x 430g Turkish bread loaf
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- 3/4 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer to egg cups.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on medium-high heat. Cut bread in half crossways. Cut each piece in half horizontally to make a total of 4 pieces of bread. Place on a baking tray. Spread each piece with margarine. Grill for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle each piece of bread with cheese. Grill for 1 minute or until cheese is melted and golden. Cut each slice into 4 fingers. Using a spoon, carefully remove tops from eggs. Serve.