Rustic Chicken Club.
A refrigerated pie crust holds a tempting filling of bacon, chicken and cheese in this lovely entrée.
Rustic Chicken Club
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (3 oz)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash salt
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- Heat oven to 400°F. In skillet or microwave, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Meanwhile, line cookie sheet with heavy-duty foil. Remove pie crust from pouch; place crust flat between 2 sheets of waxed paper. With rolling pin, roll crust into 14x12-inch oval. Remove top waxed paper; carefully turn pie crust over onto cookie sheet. Remove waxed paper.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise evenly over crust to within 2 inches of edge. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over mayonnaise.
- In small bowl, mix chicken, remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, the mustard, lemon juice, black pepper, celery salt, salt and ground red pepper. Spoon mixture over Monterey Jack cheese. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top.
- Fold 2-inch edge of crust up over filling, pleating crust as necessary and leaving 5x7-inch oval opening in center. Gently press down on edge to securely enclose filling.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolk and water with fork. Generously brush yolk mixture over crust; sprinkle crust with sesame seed.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. With metal spatula, gently lift edge; slide onto serving plate. Sprinkle lettuce over filling; press down lightly. Top with tomato and onions. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.