Slow-Cooker Mexican Chicken Tostadas.
Top crisp tostada shells with a spicy chicken mixture that’s slow-cooked to perfection – a delicious Mexican dinner.
Slow-Cooker Mexican Chicken Tostadas
- 1/2 large jalape?o chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1 1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 5 tostada shells
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- Sour cream, if desired
- Mix jalape?o chile, garlic, chili powder, oil, lime juice and salt in 1 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add chicken; coat with oil mixture.
- Cover; cook 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred chicken, using 2 forks. Return chicken to cooker and mix well. Using slotted spoon to remove chicken mixture from cooker, place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each tostada shell. Top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream.