- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 5 people
- March 28, 2016
Borsch is one of the main dishes of Ukrainian cuisine. This recipe of vegetarian soup with no meat, not no way inferior to traditional. It is also very tasty and appetizing. Proceed?Print
Recipe vegetarian borscht
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 beet
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 5–6 Laurel leaves
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of Hercules
- 1 tablespoon of semolina
- 1 tablespoon 6% Apple or wine vinegar
- 1,5 tablespoons of sugar
- 3–4 cloves of garlic
- Wash the cabbage and nachinkoy.
- Beet wash, peel and grate.
- Put the cabbage and beets in a saucepan and put in Bay leaf. Pour vegetable oil and a little water, so it does not cover the vegetables.
- Close the pan with a lid and put the vegetables to stew on low heat for 30-35 minutes. Make sure they are not burnt!
- Peel the carrots and finely slice them.
- Nachinkoy onion finely and add it to the pan to the cabbage and beets.
- After this time the cabbage and beets are tender. Now put in carrots and potatoes, diced.
- Add to a pan of boiling water to get the desired consistency of the soup and boil another 10 minutes.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and semolina. Stir well to avoid lumps. Cook the soup for another 2-3 minutes. Then turn it off.
- Salt the soup and add passed through a garlic press.
- Now pour the vinegar and sugar give, mix. Give the soup a little brew.
- Serve the borsch with greens and sour cream.