- March 16, 2016
Chicken Adobo Recipe.
This recipe would be great over cauliflower rice or maybe some fried onions, but you could also use it to quickly dress up some frozen vegetables: the sauce from the chicken really helps add flavor and transform a bag of defrosted broccoli into something you can get excited about eating. If it can make frozen vegetables tasty, you know it has to be good!
- 4 to 5 lbs. chicken wings
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cups coconut aminos
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- A 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 long red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, chilies, bay leaves, honey, onion, and water in a bowl and stir well.
- Season each the chicken wings with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken to the vinegar mixture and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or longer in the refrigerator.
- Transfer the chicken and liquid to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and simmer over a medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken wings and set aside.
- Simmer the sauce until reduced by half.
- Return the chicken to the pan, stir to combine, and serve.