- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 22 people
- May 1, 2016
Creamy Corn-Filled Sweet Peppers.
Perk up your appetizer party with cheesy, corn-stuffed peppers wrapped in flaky crescents.Print
Creamy Corn-Filled Sweet Peppers
- 1 bag (11 oz) Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen honey roasted sweet corn
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Watkins™ Italian Seasoning
- 11 mini sweet peppers (3 to 4 inches long), cut in half lengthwise leaving stem attached, seeded
- 1 can refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet or 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Microwave corn as directed on bag. Cut open bag; cool 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add corn, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning; mix well. Place cream cheese mixture in large resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off 1/2 inch from corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe filling into each pepper half.
- Unroll dough. (If using crescent roll dough, firmly press perforations to seal.) Press to form 11×9-inch rectangle. With pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into 22 (9×1/2-inch) strips.
- Wrap 1 dough strip around each pepper, from stem to tip. Place filling-side up on cookie sheet, tucking in ends of dough under pepper.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix melted butter and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Remove peppers from oven; brush with butter mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese evenly over peppers. Serve warm.