- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- February 14, 2016
Creamy peas and pillows. A healthy, kid friendly pasta dish perfect for a busy week-night.Print
Creamy peas and pillows
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) Campbell’s Real Stock Vegetable
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2/3 cup (50g) grated parmesa, or vegetarian hard cheese
- 500g packet ricotta & spinach ravioli
- 2 cups (240g) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Heat butter in a large frypan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring, until soft. add vegetable stock and cream, then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to just below boiling point and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes until the mixture has reduced by one-quarter. Remove the pan from the heat, then fold through the parmesan.
- Meanwhile, cook the ravioli in salted boiling water according to the packet instructions until al dente, adding the peas for the final 2 minutes. Drain.
- Toss the peas and the ravioli ‘pillows’ through the creamy sauce. Divide among four bowls, scatter with chives and serve.