- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 345 mins
- 6 people
- February 9, 2016
Double Meat Dudewich.
This manly sandwich is all about extremes. Two meats – beer-soaked barbecued pork and beef smoked sausage – are piled high on an onion bun with coleslaw and pickles to top it off. It’s a messy but awesome creation.Print
Double Meat Dudewich
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (about 2 1/2 lb), trimmed
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup lager beer, such as a Boston Lager
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 package (14 to 16 oz) beef smoked sausage rings, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 package (14 oz) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup coleslaw dressing
- Dill pickle chips
- 6 onion buns, split
- Place pork in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. In small bowl, mix 1 cup of the barbecue sauce, the beer, seasoned salt, garlic-pepper blend and ground mustard. Pour over roast. Cover; cook on High setting 4 to 5 hours or Low setting 8 to 10 hours until pork is very tender. Remove pork from slow cooker, and discard liquid.
- When cool enough to handle, shred pork into bite-size pieces; discard any excess fat. In large bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup barbecue sauce and the shredded pork.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook sausage slices until heated through and crisp around edges.
- In medium bowl, stir together coleslaw mix and dressing. To make sandwiches, pile pork mixture, smoked sausage, coleslaw and pickles on buns. Serve immediately.