- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 6 people
- April 22, 2016
Family-Favorite Macaroni and Cheese.
Once you’ve tasted the depth of flavor in our homemade mac and cheese, you’ll see why it’s the perfect choice for the entire family. Don’t even try to compare it to the box variety – this macaroni and cheese recipe is in a league of its own.Print
Family-Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (7 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded or cubed Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350?F.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constanly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni. Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.