- March 15, 2016
Apple-Mustard Chicken Recipe.
On top of the flavor, the rough texture of the coarse-grained mustard gives the chicken a rustic look and a nice crunchy topping. This would be perfect with a bowl of simple vegetable soup, and the leftovers are good on top of a salad (they already have some dressing baked right in; what could be more convenient?)Print
Apple-Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs;
- 1/2 cup apple cider;
- 1/4 cup coarse-grained mustard;
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- 4 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 to 2 tsp. coconut aminos;
- 1 tbsp. raw honey; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a small bow or marinating jar, combine the apple cider, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, coconut aminos, honey, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken in a marinating container and pour the marinade on top.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator and marinate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil; then lower the heat and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spread the chicken in a baking dish, and cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, basting with the mustard marinade every 10 minutes.