- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 8 people
- May 2, 2016
Carnitas Gorditas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce.
Switch up tradition and use biscuits to create gorditas. Pork, corn salsa and sour cream with chiles complete the fiesta of flavors.
Carnitas Gorditas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast or boneless pork shoulder roast (1 1/2 to 2 lb), trimmed of all visible fat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant™ Steamers™ Niblets™ frozen corn
- 1 can Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), seeded, chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa or pico de gallo salsa
- Heat oven to 450°F. Place shortening in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan. Place in oven 2 to 3 minutes or until melted. Stir in pork, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until coated; spread in single layer. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of pork reads 145°F. Remove from oven; keep warm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Microwave frozen corn as directed on bag. Cut open bag; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; press each biscuit to form 5-inch round. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, changing positions of cookie sheets halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix sour cream and chipotle chiles until well blended. In another small bowl, mix corn and salsa.
- Spread each biscuit round with 2 tablespoons chipotle sour cream. Top with about 1/3 cup pork and 1/4 cup corn salsa. Serve warm.