- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 8 people
- May 2, 2016
Upside Down Tomato Basil and Chicken Tartlets.
Tomatoes, basil, cheese and olive oil partner with chicken and turn crescents upside down into deliciousness.Print
Upside Down Tomato Basil and Chicken Tartlets
- 1/3 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper and garlic seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup finely chopped deli rotisserie chicken breast
- 3 sticks (1 ounce each) mozzarella string cheese or tomato basil string cheese, finely chopped
- 8 thin plum (Roma) tomato slices (1 medium)
- 1 can Place ‘n Bake® refrigerated crescent rounds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix olive oil and 2 teaspoons of the seasoning blend. Let stand 5 minutes to blend flavors. In another small bowl, mix chicken, cheese and 2 teaspoons of the seasoning blend. Generously grease 8 nonstick regular-size muffin cups with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil mixture.
- Blot excess liquid from tomato slices with paper towels. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the seasoning blend. Place one tomato slice, seasoned side down, in bottom of each muffin cup.
- Remove dough from can but do not separate. With serrated knife, cut dough evenly into 16 rounds. Press each into 3-inch round. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon seasoning blend over 8 of the rounds.
- Press seasoned rounds, seasoned side down, over tomato slices and partially up sides of muffin cups. Evenly divide chicken mixture into each cup. Top each with remaining crescent rounds. Press rounds so tops are even and tartlets will sit flat when removed from muffin cups.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until deep golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Run knife around edges to loosen. Invert muffin pan onto heatproof platter to remove tartlets. Sprinkle with chopped basil. Drizzle with remaining olive oil mixture or use for dipping.