- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 8 people
- May 3, 2016
Caramelized Red Onion-Feta Burgers.
Make a better burger with awesome additions piled high on freshly baked biscuits.Print
Caramelized Red Onion-Feta Burgers
- 1 large red onion, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine or nonalcoholic red wine
- 1/2 cup concord grape jelly
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning, if desired
- 1 medium English (seedless) cucumber, finely diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz)
- Dash salt
- Dash black pepper
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook onion, vinegar, wine and jelly over medium heat about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender and sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, dill weed, onion powder, Beau Monde seasoning and cucumber. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bake biscuits as directed on can. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix beef, cheese, salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 8 patties, 1/2 inch thick. Cook patties in grill pan, contact grill or nonstick skillet until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F.
- Split biscuits. Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons cucumber mixture on bottom of each biscuit. Top with burger, onion mixture and biscuit tops. Serve with tomato, lettuce and remaining cucumber mixture.