- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 4 people
- June 11, 2016
English cheddar turkey burger.
A Cheddar cheese burger with distinction – caramelized red onions and a mustard/mayo spread for the English muffin on which it is served.
English cheddar turkey burger
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups sliced red onions
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 4 Original Seasoned Frozen Turkey Burgers
- 4 English muffins, split, toasted
- 8 slices (1/2 oz. each) Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijonnaise
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 6 tbsp. ketchup
- Heat oil in medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook and stir 10 to 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Stir in balsamic vinegar until blended. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook turkey burgers according to package directions for broiling or grilling.
- When burgers are heated, top each with 2 slices cheese. Broil or grill 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Spread 1 tbsp. Dijonnaise on bottom half of each English muffin. Top each with 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tomato slice, 1 burger with melted cheese, 1 1/2 tbsp. ketchup and 1/3 cup caramelized red onions. Cover with top of muffin.