- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 4 people
- April 23, 2016
Green Chile Cheddar Burger Foil Packs.
Reimagine burgers on the grill with this flavorful dinner that brings together classic cheeseburgers, a zip of green chiles and craveable corn salsa.Print
Green Chile Cheddar Burger Foil Packs
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel sweet corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18×12-inch) sheets of heavy duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix beef, 1 can green chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon of the cumin, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1 cup of the cheese until blended. Form into 4 patties about 1/2-inch thick. In small bowl, mix corn, remaining can of green chiles, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place beef patty on center of each sheet of foil. Scoop about 1/3 cup of corn mixture on top of each patty.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 7 to 9 minutes longer or until patties are no longer pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F. Remove packs from grill. Cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil. Top each patty with 2 tablespoons cheese; garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge.