- September 24, 2016
Garlic And Rosemary Roast Beef Recipe.
This simple roast beef recipe is a classic for a holiday dinner, but it’s also good for any weekend when you want something that’s basically easy to make but you have time to let it hang out in the oven for a while you do other things. It does take an hour and a half in the oven, but the prep time is short and easy, and the cooking process really does most of the flavor-creation work without a lot of fuss from the cook.
- 2 1/2 lb. round roast;
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/2 cup beef stock;
- 2 cups pearl onions, peeled;
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs;
- Olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Rub the roast with olive oil, minced garlic, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the roast in a roasting dish and pour the beef stock around the meat.
- Surround the beef with the pearl onions.
- Place the rosemary sprig on top of the beef, place in the oven, and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Reduce the heat to 250 F and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.