- March 31, 2016
Mackerel salsa wrap.
Top up your Omega 3s with a Mexican-inspired dish that’s perfect for barbecues or eaten cold at picnics.Print
Mackerel salsa wrap
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- pinch salt
- juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 level tsp cumin
- pinch chilli powder
- 3–4 plums, stoned and chopped
- 8–10 fresh ripe cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 mackerel fillets
- 4 rotis or wholemeal tortillas
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- Add the onion, salt, lime juice, olive oil, cumin and chilli powder to a bowl, and mix well.
- Mix in the plums, tomatoes and coriander. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make three slits across the skin of each mackerel fillet.
- Grill or barbecue each mackerel fillet skin side up under a grill, or skin side down on a barbecue, for around 4 minutes. This should be enough to cook the fillet right through but if not, turn it over and cook it for 1 minute on the flesh side too.
- After warming the tortilla, add some salad leaves and a mackerel fillet. Top it with a dessertspoon of salsa and roll up.
- Serve the rest of the salsa on the side.