- March 7, 2016
Goose, stuffed with rice and fruit.
Traditionally large and long-awaited holiday preparing poultry, particularly geese, stuffed with apples. We decided not to deviate from this tradition, but was varied the recipe by adding apples to the other delicious fruits and berries, as well as Fig.
- the carcass of a goose 3-3,5 kg
- 200 g rice,
- 200 g apples,
- 200 g quince,
- 100 g of raisins,
- 100 g of prunes,
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 500 ml chicken stock,
- rosemary to taste,
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste.
- Pre-soak the goose in cold, salted water for 12 hours.
- Obsesi goose, remove the remains of feathers, RUB inside and out with vegetable oil, honey, rosemary, salt, pepper and let soak half an hour.
- Raisins and prunes soak in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Boil the rice in salted water until half 10 minutes, then drain water and cool.
- Quince and apples cleanse away the cores and slice them in small slices.
- Put boiled rice, quince, apples, raisins, prunes, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and mix.
- Nafarshiruyte goose fruit-rice mixture and sew the opening with thread (or staple wooden toothpicks). Also tie the wings and legs of the goose so they do not burn during baking.
- Do on the carcass of the goose a few punctures with a fork.
- Put the stuffed goose on the back on a baking tray, pour broth and put in a preheated 200°C oven for 2.5-3 hours depending on bird weight.
- After half an hour reduce the temperature to 180°C. If necessary, share the broth (or water).
- The stuffed goose readiness check with a toothpick to puncture the thickest leg. If juice flows clear, the goose is ready. Let the goose stand for 15 minutes and then bring to the table.
- Serve goose stuffed with rice and fruit, cutting portions and adding to each the stuffing.