- March 20, 2016
Holiday Spiced Pork Roast Recipe.
Ginger and cinnamon aren’t just for cookies: try the flavors of Christmas spices in this savory pork roast. It’s a delicious centerpiece for a holiday meal, but the warming spices also make it tasty whenever you need something classic and comforting.
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, about 2 lbs;
- 5 whole cloves;
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger;
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg;
- 1/4 cup honey; (optional)
- 2 cups chicken stock;
- 1 tbsp. tapioca starch; (optional)
- Cooking fat:
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Melt some cooking fat in an ovenproof skillet placed over a high heat.
- Season the pork to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Brown the roast on all sides in the melted cooking fat.
- Add the cloves and cinnamon. Cook for another 5 minutes while turning the roast.
- Place the roast in the oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the roast from skillet and cover with foil.
- Combine honey, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and stock in the same skillet.
- Bring the sauce a to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer until reduced by half. Add the tapioca starch if you like the sauce thicker. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Slice the pork and drizzle with the sauce to serve.