- March 31, 2016
Mushroom and spring onion omelette.
Filled omelettes make a fast, yet substantial and nutritious meal, especially served with salad.Print
Mushroom and spring onion omelette
- 2 eggs
- pinch white pepper
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 10g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the pepper, beat with a fork and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the mushrooms and spring onion for 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring regularly, until soft.
- Stir the egg into the mushrooms/onion for 1 minute, then cook gently for 3 minutes, using a spatula to ease the omelette from the sides of the pan.
- When the omelette is cooked, sprinkle the cheese on top and turn it out onto a plate, folding the omelette in half.