- April 4, 2016
Otoro Crudo with Grapefruit Caviar.
Great ingredients taste best when prepared simply and ootoro is no exception, with it’s pastel pink color and rich, creamy texture it’s truly one of the most luxurious cuts of fish. This crudo’s simple preparation belies its complex array of tastes, textures and flavors. With thin slices of ultra-marbled otoro that melt in your mouth, accented by tart and bitter grapefruit caviar, savory pink salt, sweet peppery pink peppercorns, and anise flavored chervil, it somehow manages to be decadent and refreshing, all in one bite.
- 2 segments ruby redgrapefruit
- 100 grams Otoro
- citrusy extra virgin olive oil
- 14 pink leaves chervil
- Himalayan pink salt
- To make the grapefruit caviar, peel the membrane off each segment of grapefruit and then carefully separate each of the juice vesicles using your fingers. If you apply too much pressure they will burst.
- Slice the otoro into 10 slices using a very sharp knife.Slice the otoro into 10 slices using a very sharp knife.
- Spread 5 slices of otoro out onto each plate in an asymetric fan.Spread 5 slices of otoro out onto each plate in an asymetric fan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then top with the grapefruit caviar, pink peppercorns and chervil leaves. Sprinkle some Himalayan pink salt on top to finish.