- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 110 mins
- 4 people
- May 25, 2016
Oven-Fried Ranch Chicken.
Classic oven-fried chicken gets a kick from ranch dressing in a super-simple, decidedly delicious recipe.Print
Oven-Fried Ranch Chicken
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 twin-package (2 oz total) ranch dressing mix
- 3 1/2 lb cut-up whole chicken
- Cooking spray
- 1 pouch (6.5 oz) cornbread & muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix buttermilk, dressing mix and chicken. Seal bag; turn bag several times to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In shallow dish, mix breading ingredients. Remove chicken pieces one at a time from buttermilk mixture. Dip chicken in breading, turning to coat completely; shake off excess. Place chicken, bone side down, in pan. Lightly spray top of chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs).