- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 6 people
- February 6, 2016
Parmesan-Butternut Squash Gratin
Crispy bread crumbs add a bit of crunch to tender slices of butternut squash seasoned with garlic and Parmesan.
- 1 butternut squash (2 1/2 lb)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Peel, halve lengthwise and seed squash; cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange with slices overlapping slightly in bottom of baking dish.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is soft and butter is infused with garlic flavor. Do not let butter brown.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and 1 tablespoon of the butter-garlic mixture.
- Brush squash slices with remaining butter-garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with fork. Increase oven temperature to 425°F; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Before serving, sprinkle parsley over top.