- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- May 21, 2016
Add something flavorful to your family’s Asian cuisine dinner. Serve pineapple and teriyaki chicken grilled to perfection.Print
- 1/2 cup purchased teriyaki baste and glaze
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1/2 teaspoon black and red pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices (3/4 inch thick) fresh pineapple
- Heat gas grill or coals. In small saucepan, mix teriyaki glaze, pineapple preserves and lime juice. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until preserves are melted. Stir in cilantro.
- Sprinkle all sides of each chicken breast with pepper blend and salt.
- When grill is heated, place chicken on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals. Cook 10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cut 18-inch square sheet of heavy-duty foil. Place pineapple slices in single layer on foil. Brush each with teriyaki mixture.
- After chicken has cooked 10 minutes, place foil with pineapple on grill next to chicken. Brush chicken with teriyaki mixture. Cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, brushing occasionally with teriyaki mixture. Cut pineapple slices into wedges, if desired.
- Heat any remaining teriyaki mixture to boiling. Serve warm mixture with chicken and pineapple.