- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 6 people
- May 4, 2016
Spicy Taco Pizza.
Mexican pizza ready in 35 minutes! Enjoy a turkey sausage and bell pepper pizza with Old El Paso® enchilada sauce, sprinkled with cheese!Print
Spicy Taco Pizza
- 3 links (4 oz each) spicy Italian turkey sausage, casings removed, crumbed
- 1/2 cup canned Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 can (13.8 oz) refrigerated artisan pizza crust with whole grain*
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped (1 cup), if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or green onions, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F for dark or nonstick pan (425°F for all other pans). Spray 15×10-inch pan with sides with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally to crumble sausage, until no longer pink; drain and remove from skillet. Gently stir enchilada sauce into sausage to coat.
- Unroll dough in pan; starting at center, press dough into 15×10-inch rectangle. Bake about 8 minutes or until light brown.
- Spoon and spread sausage mixture over crust. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Top with tomatoes and bell pepper; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro. To serve, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows.