- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 8 people
- April 22, 2016
Steakhouse Burger Sloppy Joes.
Why settle for plain old sloppy joes when you can have all the rich flavors of a steakhouse cheeseburger with half the effort?
Steakhouse Burger Sloppy Joes
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white onion, coarsely chopped (from 1 small onion)
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 regular-size burger buns, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- In medium bowl, mix stock, steak sauce and mustard; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned; drain. Set aside. Add butter to any remaining drippings in skillet; add mushrooms, onion and steak seasoning. Cook 7 to 8 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are browned.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until flour browns and begins to smell nutty. Return beef to pan, and stir in stock mixture. Return to simmering; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Place about 1/3 cup mixture over bottom of each bun, top with 1 tablespoon cheese, then top bun.