Miniature Meat Pies.
These savory bites make a filling main dish. These cute little bites of flaky dough are stuffed with a delicious ground beef mixture.
Miniature Meat Pies
- Beef (ground beef) 500 g
- Chili sauce 1/2 cup
- Onion soup mix 1 envelope
- Wheat flour 3 cups
- Sesame seeds 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Shortening 1 cup
- Cheddar cheese 3/4 cup
- Evaporated milk 3/4 cup
- Cider vinegar 1 tablespoon
- In a skillet, over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili sauce, soup mix and salt; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sesame seeds if desired and salt. Cut in shortening and cheese until crumbly. Combine milk and vinegar; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half; roll out to 1/8 -in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cutter.
- Place half of the circles 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Top eachwith about 1-1/2 tablespoons of beef mixture; cover with remaining circles. Moisten edges with water and press with a fork to seal. Cut a slit in the top of each. Bake at 425°F for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately; or cool, wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen meat pies:Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 14-16 minutes or until heated through.