- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 10 people
- May 22, 2016
Recipes from young cabbage: prepare cabbage schnitzel.
Early cabbage first gives us the vitamins that we miss the long winter, and it is very simple and fast. Tender and crumbly cabbage is much easier to shred than tight autumn cabbage and downed forks. Hurry and therefore write down the recipes of young cabbage and cook with pleasure!
But what else can you cook from fresh cabbage to make a tasty and unusual? We offer to your attention an interesting recipe from cabbage. Try cabbage schnitzel with spicy cheese-nutty flavor.
- 1 head of young cabbage (700 grams),
- 2 eggs,
- 100 g of cheese,
- 100 g walnuts,
- 4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs,
- 100 g of vegetable oil,
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste,
- 2 tablespoons of water.
- Young cabbage, wash and cut large segments – schnitzel. That cabbage is not falling apart in the cooking process, can not cut the whole stalk, and a little leave – in young cabbage it is not hard and quite tasty.
- Gently put the cabbage in the boiling water and boil in salted water for 3 minutes. Drain the water, cabbage, cool.
- Walnuts slightly in a pan dry, cleanse away the husk, grind and mix with the breadcrumbs. Cheese RUB on a coarse grater.
- Whip eggs, dissolve them in 2 tablespoons of water, add grated cheese, salt, pepper and mix.
- In a bowl mound the flour. The other plate is a mound of breadcrumbs with nuts.
- Each piece of cabbage gently roll in the flour, pour in egg and cheese batter, then roll in nut-sugar mixture.
- Fry the schnitzel from young cabbage in a pan in hot oil on all sides for about 2-3 minutes until Golden brown.
- Cabbage schnitzel serve hot as a side dish to meat or fish or as a separate dish with sour cream and greens.