- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- April 8, 2016
30 minute cajun salmon with salted lime butter.
I’ve got a super simple, healthy and ridiculously flavorful dinner for you!
30 minute cajun salmon with salted lime butter
- 1 (2 pound) salmon filet
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of cayenne pepper
salted lime butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 lime, zest freshly grated
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat the broiler in your oven to high and set the oven rack about 6 inches below it.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet and brush it with the grapeseed oil. If desired, you can rub it with 1 tablespoon of the lime butter instead (or in addition to, for flavor). In a bowl, stir together the paprika, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, pepper flakes and cayenne. Sprinkle it evenly over the top of the salmon filet and press gently to adhere.
- Broil the salmon for 6 to 8 minutes, or until just opaque and flakey with a fork. Remove from the oven and cover with a few teaspoons of the lime butter. Serve with rice and lime wedges for spritzing.
- salted lime butter
- Stir together the butter, lime zest and salt until combined.