- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- July 20, 2016
Almond-Crusted Cauliflower Bites with Avocado Ranch Dip
Seasoned, baked, Almond-Crusted Cauliflower Bites paired with a deliciously creamy Avocado Ranch Dip!
Before we get to the recipe, one of my (non-vegan) Quality-Assurance Testers requested I tell you that this recipe gets “Three Thumbs up from Dad!” I’m not sure how that physically works out, but I’ll take it!
- 1 heaping cup mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon agave nectar
- Almond-crusted Cauliflower Bites
- 1 large head cauliflower, florets chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 6 tablespoons vegan mayo (soy-free)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mash together until combined and mostly smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together non-dairy milk, vegan mayo and chickpea flour until smooth and thick enough to coat a spoon. In another mixing bowl, mix almond meal, cornmeal, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, paprika and pepper until combined.
- Take each piece of cauliflower and first dunk it into the wet mixture, let excess drip off, then press into crumb mixture, covering evenly and shaking off loose bits; place onto baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces are coated and on the baking sheet.
- Coat cauliflower bites with a lightly with cooking oil pray and place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes, flip pieces over and lightly spray with oil again, bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden. Cool baking sheet on rack for 5 minutes before serving with avocado ranch dip!