- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 195 mins
- 15 people
- February 6, 2016
Caramel-Pecan Sticky Rolls.
Who wouldn’t be happy when offered one of these rich, delicious pinwheels of warm raised yeast dough topped with pecans?
Caramel-Pecan Sticky Rolls
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose or bread flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages regular active or fast-acting dry yeast (4 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup very warm milk (120°F to 130°F)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves, if desired
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or raisins, if desired
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In large bowl, mix 2 cups of the flour, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the salt and yeast. Add warm milk, 1/4 cup butter and egg. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to make dough easy to handle.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy. Grease large bowl with shortening. Place dough in bowl, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place about 1 hour 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter to boiling, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in corn syrup. Pour into 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- In small bowl, mix all filling ingredients except 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- Gently push fist into dough to deflate. Flatten dough with hands or rolling pin into 15x10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with filling. Roll rectangle up tightly, beginning at 15-inch side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. With fingers, shape until even. With dental floss or a serrated knife, cut roll into 15 (1 -inch) slices.
- Place slices slightly apart in pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Place heatproof tray or serving plate upside down onto pan; immediately turn tray and pan over. Let pan remain 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over rolls; remove pan. Serve warm.