- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 80 mins
- 8 people
- April 20, 2016
Chicken Cordon Bleu and Rice Casserole.
Dinner for eight using chicken breasts? Go Cordon Bleu with ham and Swiss cheese.Print
Chicken Cordon Bleu and Rice Casserole
- 2 small carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 packages (6 oz each) fast-cooking chicken and wild rice mix
- 4 cups boiling water
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 4 slices (1/8 inch thick) cooked ham, cut in half
- 4 slices (1 oz each) Swiss cheese, cut in half
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In baking dish, stir together carrots, butter and rice mix and water. Arrange chicken on rice mixture. Top each breast with ham.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake 55 to 60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- Place cheese on ham. Bake uncovered 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.