- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 65 mins
- 4 people
- January 31, 2016
Smothered Chicken Casserole
Enjoy this creamy chicken casserole baked with chicken thighs, broccoli and angel hair pasta. The bacon sprinkled on top adds to the “yum” factor!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen broccoli florets, cut into smaller pieces
- 3 slices precooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. In large bowl, mix soup, half-and-half and paprika; reserve 3/4 cup sauce. Stir in cooked pasta and frozen broccoli.
- Place pasta mixture in casserole; top with chicken thighs. Spoon reserved sauce over chicken thighs. Top with bacon. Cover and bake 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce bubbles.