- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 2 people
- March 23, 2016
Crispy oven baked honey mustard chicken – chicken breasts smothered in honey mustard sauce, topped with panko bread crumbs, and baked in the oven until golden and crispy. An easy and tasty 30 minute chicken dinner the whole family will love.Print
Crispy Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- roughly 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with the oven rack in the upper third. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dijon mustard, honey and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Using a meat mallet (or a metal soup ladle), lightly pound the chicken until it is an even thickness. (This will make the chicken cook evenly, and help the sauce and panko topping adhere without falling off.)
- Put the chicken on the parchment lined baking sheet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and top with the honey mustard sauce. Then top with enough panko bread crumbs to cover the top of the chicken. Drizzle the panko bread crumbs with olive oil (to help them get brown and crispy in the oven).
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. If the bread crumbs didn’t get golden brown enough, you can turn the oven on broil and let it toast the topping for about 1-2 minutes. Really watch it so the chicken doesn’t get burnt!
- Let rest for 2 minutes, then serve warm.
- Also, not necessary, but I often double the honey mustard sauce so I can serve it on the side along with the baked chicken as a dipping sauce. So good!